Board of Directors
Our officers for 2015:
- President: Mike Ertel (West Towson), email: MErtel@jacobscompany.com
- Vice President: Jim Cosgrove (Loch Hill), email: email@example.com
- Vice President: Bryan Fischer (Knettishall), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Lorrie Geiss (Greenbrier), email: email@example.com
- Secretary: Jo Marvan (Knollwood/Donnybrook), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Greater Towson Council of Community Associations has both standing and ad hoc committees. Below is a list of current committees of the GTCCA.
Government Relations Committee
A Community Relations Committee was formed in the spring of 2007 to address issues of concern to the Greater Towson communities. The committee focused primarily on issues related to Towson University’s enrollment growth and researched practices, policies, and legislation in place in towns and cities that are home to colleges and universities throughout the country. In October 2007, the University Relations Committee issued it’s Preliminary Recommendations to Address the Impact of Towson University’s Growth on the Greater Towson Area. The recommendations were presented to Towson University, state legislators, county council members and county officials, identified strategies to be employed at the state level, county level, and at Towson University to reduce the impact of TU’s enrollment growth. The committee worked with county and state officials and with TU officials and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents to press for implementation of the recommendations, with significant success. To see a full copy of the recommendations, click here.
In the spring of 2010, the GTCCA reconfigured its committees and merged the Community Relations Committee with the Zoning and Legislative Committees, renaming the committee the Government Relations Committee. The new committee focuses on any issues of concern to Towson neighborhoods that involve government intervention, including zoning and planning, code enforcement, legislation, and public policy, etc.
- Mike Ertel, Chair
- Ed Kilcullen
- Fay Citerone
- Steve Cupit
- Lorrie Geiss
- Paul Hartman
- Arthur Johnston
- G.T. Keplinger
- Chris Raborn
University Relations Committee
The University Relations Committee was formed in the spring of 2006 to promote positive relations between Towson University and the surrounding residential communities.
- Jana Varwig, Co-Chair (Associate Vice President, Division of Student Affairs, Towson University)
- Paul Hartman, Co-Chair (Aigburth Manor Association of Towson, Inc.)
- Fay Citerone (Knollwood/Donnybrook)
- Marina Cooper (Assistant to the President for Communications, Towson University)
- Spencer Bennett (Student Conduct and Civility Education, Towson University)
- Col. Bernie Gerst (Chief of Police, Towson University)
- Nancy Hafford (Executive Director, Towson Chamber of Commerce)
- Captain Jay Landsman, Jr. (Commander, Towson Precinct, Baltimore County Police Department)
- Tracey Marcantoni (Burkleigh Square Community Association)
- Ed Kilcullen (Towson Manor Village)
- Nancy Surosky (Office of the County Executive)
- Janice Moore, Pat Foretich (Rodgers Forge)
- Dan Slattery (Associate Vice President, Auxiliary Services, Towson University)
- Joyce Herold (Coordinator for Off-campus Student Services, Towson University)
This committee was formed in January 2011 to focus on issues related to the schools serving the Greater Towson area.
This committee was formed in January 2011 to maintain and enhance the GTCCA’s relationship with the business community in Towson.
Towson Reservoir Committee (2010-2012)
This ad hoc committee was formed in January 2010 in response to the planned renovation of the reservoir on Hillen Road at Stevenson Lane. This project will begin in mid-2010 and will take three years to complete. Road closures and other disruptions are expected. The committee will keep the GTCCA membership informed about plans for the reservoir.
- David Kosak, Chair
- Mary-Lou Stenchley (Aigburth Manor Association of Towson)